Robert MacIntyre claims his maiden European Tour title at the 2020 Aphrodite Hills Cyprus Showdown
The 24-year-old from Oban, Scotland, comfortably made his way through to the final round shootout with rounds of 65, 68 and 67. The field was then cut to 19 players after round three, and with the scores reset to par, Bob produced a birdie-birdie finish to get to seven-under-par and take the win.
The Scot has been a picture of consistency over the last two weeks in Cyprus where he finished in a tie for third last week at the Cyprus Open. A few days before flying out to Cyprus Bob made the trip to the Wentworth Club to work with the TaylorMade Tour team to dial in his equipment. Bob has been making a few swing changes this year to compensate for a wrist injury so the team decided to spend the full day with him away from the pressures of a tournament to go through the entire bag.
Bob is a high spin player and uses strong lofted irons, strong shafts and the TP5x Golf Ball to help keep control of his ball flight. However due to the injury he has had to weaken his grip a bit and therefore felt that his spin was now getting out of control.
He was spinning the driver between 2800 and 3000rpm which was too high for him, the team built a 9 degree SIM Max driver, set to lower on the FCT sleeve and added hot melt into the head to move CG forward to help control spin. In his new P7MC Irons he moved to a lighter swing weight so the shaft was not as soft, and he could keep his spin under control. These changes have proved to make a big difference over the last few weeks.
- This is Bob’s maiden victory on the European Tour in only his second year on tour
- Bob is project to move up to #62 in the OWGR and #24 in the Race to Dubai rankings
- His SIM Max driver, set to 8.75˚, is equipped with a Tensei AV White 75TX shaft
- Bob games the new SIM UDI 2 iron equipped with a DG X100 shaft
- Bob hit 83.4% of Greens in Regulation this week. His reworked P7MC Irons now have a lighter swing weight and are also equipped with the DG X100 shafts
- Bob games the TP5x Golf Ball to help him control spin
- SIM Max Driver | 9° | Tensei AV White 75 TX
- Aer0burner Fairway | 15° | Tensei AV White 85 TX
- SIM UDI | DG X100
- P•7MC | 4-PW | DG X100
- Hi Toe Wedge | 52°, 56° & 58° |DG S400
- Spider X Copper
- TP5x Golf Ball
Building Rory McIlroy's SIM2 Driver on the Tour Truck!January 27, 2021
Team TaylorMade's FIRST LOOK at the all-new SIM2 DriverJanuary 22, 2021
- ListenView Podcast
"Equipment, Intimidation and Major Championship Golf" with Tiger WoodsNovember 9, 2020
Winter Home Practice Tips with Chris RyanFebruary 1, 2021
Tour Report | Tommy Fleetwood & Rory McIlroy Put SIM2 Driver in Play in Abu DhabiJanuary 21, 2021
SIM2 Player Testing | Chris Trott Leads Test of SIM2, SIM2 Max and SIM2 Max•D DriversJanuary 19, 2021
Driver Comparison | SIM2 vs. SIM2 Max vs. SIM2 Max•DJanuary 19, 2021
Comparison | SIM2 Max Irons vs. SIM2 Max OS IronsJanuary 19, 2021
Comparison | SIM2 Titanium vs. SIM2 Max FairwaysJanuary 19, 2021
Comparison | SIM2 Rescue vs. SIM2 Max RescueJanuary 19, 2021